Monday, October 15, 2012

Alfred Stieglitz


Alfred Stieglitz was an American art photographer born in the year 1864. He also supported and promoted modern art and had a few photo galleries. He is admirable because he influenced many through his work. Stieglitz was known for taking some of the first successful photographs of rain and snow scenes.
'Two Towers - New York' 1913

I really like this photograph that Stieglitz took. Something about the scenery and the way the towers in the background are fading in the sky. The people in the photo make me think of what life would be like in that time, and the snow just adds that wintertime feeling.

Alfred Stieglitz married Georgia O'Keeffe, a famous painter. She was known for paintings of close-up flowers and animal bones, specifically skulls. 

Sunflower, the name of this painting by Georgia O'Keeffe is one that I like. The colors make me think of a sunny day, and how she must have felt when painting it. I also like that it is straight on, and not at an angle, so that I can see the whole flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment